DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Ozokeritotherapy is a type of heat treatment involving ozokerite (earth wax) as the main thermal carrier. It is a natural mineral of petroleum origin resembling beeswax. Ozokeritotherapy has thermal, chemical, and mechanical effects on body tissues.
HOW THE PROCEDURE IS PERFORMED?
Ozokerite is heated till turning into a viscous mass. Melted ozokerite is cooled to 40-45°С and applied to the treated area as a moist heat. It is necessary to wrap the area with a plastic bag and a woolen cloth. The procedure takes 1-2 hours until it cools completely. Then the ozokerite is removed.
- inflammatory and dystrophic diseases of the spine and joints (chronic and acute);
- musculoskeletal injuries and their consequences;
- peripheral nervous system injuries, spinal cord diseases, and their complications;
- diseases of internal organs and systems (hepatitis of different origin, peptic ulcer, cholecystitis, pleuritis, etc.);
- chronic and subacute genitourinary diseases in women (mainly inflammations);
- skin diseases;
- incipience or mild peripheral vascular diseases.
Look through this list to avoid problems after the procedures. The following diagnoses and conditions are considered to be contraindications for the applications with earth wax:
- hemorrhagic tendency;
- the appearance of neoplasms;
- massive atherosclerosis;
- the inadequate blood supply in the extremities.
RESULTS OF THE PROCEDURE
Besides the topical action (thermal and mechanical), ozokerite applications have a general effect on the entire body due to the chemical factor. Biologically active substances are absorbed into the bloodstream. They activate the parasympathetic nervous system, providing a toning effect and improving the general health of a person. In general, due to the comprehensive effect of all three factors, recovery processes are more active, the immune system is boosted, and peripheral blood circulation is stimulated.