DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
Cryotherapy is a treatment method using low temperatures in medical therapy. Most of the time the inert nitrogen gas or air maintained at ultra-low temperature of 150-190°C is used. The response of the body to an extremely low temperature is general mobilization. It causes an increase in blood flow, and thereby in the supply of oxygen to tissues. Metabolism is activated and the elimination of harmful substances starts through the lymphatic and blood channels. The production of hormones supporting a good mood is stimulated. The immune system and anti-inflammatory processes are activated. The pain threshold is reduced.
HOW THE PROCEDURE IS PERFORMED?
The physician uses a cryotherapy device to treat a certain area of the patient's body with a flow of cold air at an adjustable speed of up to 1500 liters per minute for a certain period of time (usually starting from 15 minutes, depending on the pathology). The temperature of the airflow can reach –60°C.
The number of sessions is also selected by the physician on a case-by-case basis and, as a rule, ranges from 10 to 15 cryotherapy sessions.
- musculoskeletal diseases;
- Ankylosing spondylitis;
- coronary heart disease;
- skin sores;
- immune deficiency.
- Abnormality of skin sensitivity in the treated area
- Individual intolerance to cryotherapy, cold allergy
- Presence of metal objects in the treated area
- Disorders of local blood circulation
- Peripheral artery diseases (Raynaud's disease, obliterating endarteritis, venous insufficiency)
- Systemic blood diseases;
- Acute and exacerbated chronic infectious and inflammatory diseases
- Oncological diseases
RESULTS OF THE PROCEDURE
Any cryotherapy procedure has the positive results as follows:
- Increases the skin elasticity and resilience
- Improves muscle tone
- Has a rejuvenating effect
- Accelerates metabolic processes in cells
- Has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effect
- Improves complexion and structure of the facial skin
- Removes dark circles
- Stimulates hair growth, prevents baldness
- Has soothing, relaxing, and toning properties
- Solves existing acne-associated skin problems
- Skin renewal, lifting effect
- Stimulates metabolism in the skin and cell renewal as a whole
- Normalizes blood supply to the skin and tissue nutrition