Ultra High Frequency Therapy (UHF)
DESCRIPTION OF THE PROCEDURE
UHF (ultra-high frequency) therapy is a physiotherapeutic treatment method involving ultra-high frequency electromagnetic fields. It is a kind of treatment with heat penetrating human tissues and organs by means of special equipment.
HOW THE PROCEDURE IS PERFORMED?
There is no need for preliminary preparation for the procedure. And no need to take off clothes. The patient is laid on a wooden (only wooden!) couch on his/her left side. The plates are fixed, treated with an alcohol solution, and applied to the area. Then the plates are placed transversely, longitudinally, tangentially (on the same side) keeping a common gap up to 6 cm between them. This way the energy dissipation is reduced and the procedure efficiency increases. And then the dose of electromagnetic fluxes is selected. It depends on the patient's heat sensations and the device's output power.
The UHF therapy procedure takes 5-16 minutes. The treatment course consists of 10-15 procedures, carried out every day/every other day.
- Skin inflammation, including purulent one;
- Musculoskeletal system diseases;
- Inflammation of the respiratory system;
- Pathological conditions in the peripheral nervous system;
- Inflammatory processes in the gastrointestinal tract;
- Gynecological disorders.
- intolerance to UHF waves,
- risk of bleeding,
- pancreatic disorders,
- circulatory deficiency (stage 3),
- malignant tumors,
- myocardial infarction (acute),
- diabetic retinopathy (stage 4),
- cardiac ischemia with angina,
- blood diseases,
- implanted electrical stimulator,
- wet gauze and plaster bandages,
- foreign metal matters near blood vessels and nerves.
RESULTS OF THE PROCEDURE
The UHF electric field has an anti-inflammatory effect and stimulates the regeneration of damaged tissues. The procedure relieves pain and spasms of blood vessels and muscles.